Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Zee? Zoe!

I had a general sense of "This sucks" for a lot of the episode. It may be my mood. What did y'all think?
Biggest Idiot Award:
Serena? She's an idiot because she has decided to trust Juliet. So Juliet backs her up, ONE TIME, and all of a sudden she comes before Blair on the totem pole of friendship? Stupid.
Nate? He is an idiot for first SHOWING Dan the treaty, then TELLING him it was top secret, then LEAVING Dan there alone with said treaty. Stupid.
Dan? He probably should win for thinking that little ole lonely boy could take on Chuck+Blair. Most stupid.

Speaking of...
A karaoke video? Seriously? Robyn? Seriously? First, I Googled Robyn to find the name of the one song I know (Show Me Love), then I braced myself for the long awaited revelation of a Blair/Jack tryst that has been waiting in the wings since Season 2. The whole episode had built up to this (i.e. Chuck asking how Blair knew where Jack was last summer). Just imagine my disappointment when I had to watch Blair sing Tammy Wynette. Then to watch a Dick van Dyke worthy scene of Rachel Zoe being drenched in chocolate, just to hear her utter "I die". That may, for me, go down as the biggest, lamest, letdown in GG history. Leave it to stupid Dan to think that a karaoke video could undo Chuck+Blair. I understand the whole "Chuck's the only one that knew, he broke the truce" so Blair would retaliate, but come on... I don't tune into GG to watch crap like that.

Are we sure Eric is the only gay? What was up with Dan's moment about Nate talking to Serena? I think Dan was more upset that Nate had been hanging out with the original Upper East Siders and not him. The way he went from being so concerned for his parents and sister, into "I thought we agreed.." That was the gayest thing I have ever seen on GG. Including Eric and his bf. Not to mention Rufus and Dan's obsession with paper being the first anniversary!

Other Lame Moments: Serena reciting the Gettysburg address, and she and Nate giggling at each other. The declaration from Juliet and Ben that this is all about getting Serena expelled (I don't imagine Serena being that into school). The fact that these writers would even give Serena the line, "I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize my academic career." Colin being Juliet's cousin, period. I wanted him to be IN ON IT!

Opposite of Lame: Chuck. And. Blair. Tearing. Up. That. Treaty.

I have never been more pro-war.

No comments:

Post a Comment