Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Where the Party At?

I had to run to Walgreen's on my lunch break to get some tissue paper (and ultimately Skittles, Pretzel M&Ms, and gum). In front of me at the check out was a young man in an all white track suit, including white toboggan and white shoes. (He apparently doesn't abide by the no white after Labor Day rule.) These are the items he purchased:

Hair dressing promenade.

5 packs of cigarettes.
At least 5 cans of Axe body spray.
At least 3 bottles of Walgreen's finest wines.

And a tube of toothpaste.

There may have been a couple packs of gum thrown in there, but all this totaled $117. Which he paid for with a crisp $100 bill and a couple of $10s. There was another, older, lady behind me. She sighed heavily when she came to the register. I assumed that she was shaking her proverbial head at today's youth, based on what she saw on the counter.

Cut to me, after checking out and going to get in my car. I notice the young man is sitting in the car next to me in the passenger seat. Then, lo and behold, the older woman comes out and gets in the driver's seat and they drive off together!

I have so many questions. What are his plans for all these cigarettes? All that wine? All that Axe body spray? If he still lives with his momma, why was he having to buy his own toothpaste? WAS she shaking her proverbial head at today's youth? Was he wearing the 'boggin because he was out of promenade? Isn't promenade a Square Dance?

I love Walgreen's.

No comments:

Post a Comment