Sunday, February 19, 2012

Photo-a-day: Week 7

February 12 - February 18

My friend's baby celebrated his first birthday on Sunday, and mine was the next day, followed by Valentine's Day. 

Then "The Incident."

Friday morning, I opened the door to the laundry room, and much to my surprise, my floor was completely blue. 

I stood there. Frozen. Incapable of processing such a mess so early in the morning. After a few long minutes, I realized that my liquid laundry detergent had hopped off the dryer (I assume it was the vibration and not my first theory of a Toy Story like scenario) and proceeded to pour its entire contents onto the floor. I imagined the mess being made while I was peacefully sleeping. And I thought for a moment, "I will never fully rest again."

I was defeated.

I could not process how to begin to clean up such a catastrophe. I teared up.

Then, I realized people have floods. People have fires. I was being ridiculous.
So, I got a broom. A dustpan. A big bowl. All the towels I could find. And I cleaned. I swept the liquid into the dustpan, dumped the dustpan into the bowl, and then emptied the bowl into the tub. That created quite a bubble bath that I then had to deal with, but domestic issues are not my strong suit. At the end of the day, I survived. My floor survived. I am sure that when I finally move the washer and dryer, there will be a reminder that may move me to tears. But as Scarlett said,

"I can't worry about that right now. I'll think about that tomorrow."

1 year old!
28 years old! 
My favorite part of Valentine's Day
Driving home from church
I was happy before the incident.
The Incident
Movie night with a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment